The historical shift from a Travel Management Company to in-house booking created an arduous and lengthy process for team members. The time-consuming process, with limited, to no management information, there was a significant annual overspend on all forms of travel, this was due to both poor controls (out-of-date travel policy) and high supplier fees.
Proposed Project Objectives
Phase One: Market Testing, Specification Optimisation, Process Improvement and Make vs Buy
- An RFI process was initiated – inviting known high-performing mid-size suppliers (as deemed best fit). Each supplier was assessed using the pre-approached balanced scorecard
- Based on the initial analysis, policy amends were suggested to bring the client in line with industry standard
- Move all booking from a centralised team (allowed central staff to focus on business-critical activities) to a self-book online tool
- Utilising a travel management company reduced central costs and created greater efficiencies
Phase Two: Demand Management and Supply Base Rightsizing
- Make data-driven decisions, client to review travel requirements across the company using MI collected over 6 months
- Ensure Policy is fit for purpose and introduce standard measures like the use of video conferencing
Phase Three: Profit Sharing
- Explore profit sharing with the chosen suppliers to further drive efficiencies
1: Reduce the cost of all travel, including Hotels, Taxi, Rail and others.
2: Create a fit-for-purpose travel policy.
3: Reduce the time requirements for internal teams.
4: Significantly improve the available management information.
5: Ensure that each traveller has access to a best-in-class service that provides them with everything required to carry out their job.
- Fit-for-purpose travel policy created
- Staverton delivered a total annualised savings of 18%
- The client was able to redistribute centralised resources into business-critical activities and central services
- Consolidated invoicing allowed for one invoice to be processed per month, significantly reducing the time spent by the finance team
To find out more, please fill in the form below and a member of our team will get back to you.
1 Fore Street Avenue, London, EC2Y 9DT
Copyright © 2022 Staverton Consulting Group Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Registered in England and Wales: 11951966